It’s never too late to learn how to use technology. In this blog post, we’ll show you 10 ways to become tech savvy seniors in just 10 days.
Checkout this video:
In today’s world, it’s becoming increasingly important for seniors to be tech savvy. With so much of our lives moving online, from shopping and banking to staying in touch with family and friends, it’s vital that seniors are able to navigate the digital world.
Fortunately, it’s never too late to learn.Here are 10 tips to help seniors become tech savvy in just 10 days:
1. Get a smartphone
A smartphone is a great way for seniors to stay connected and have access to the internet on the go. If you’re not sure which phone to get, ask a friend or family member for help choosing the right one for you.
2. Download some apps
There are lots of great apps out there that can make your life easier, from banking and shopping apps to ones that help you stay healthy and active. Spend some time browsing the app store and download a few that look helpful or interesting.
3. Learn how to use social media
Social media is a great way to stay in touch with family and friends, especially if they live far away. Spend some time setting up accounts on popular platforms like Facebook or Twitter and learn how to post updates and messages.
4. Get comfortable with email
Email is another important way to stay connected, especially if you don’t live near your family or friends. Take some time to set up an email account and learn how to send and receive messages.
5. Shop online
Online shopping is convenient and often cheaper than shopping in stores. Get comfortable with making purchases on websites like Amazon or eBay, and take advantage of sales and discounts.
6. Stay active online
There are lots of ways to stay active online, from playing games and participating in discussion forums to writing blogs or sharing photos and videos. Find some activities that interest you and spend some time each day staying engaged.
What is being tech savvy?
Being tech savvy is about more than just using social media or owning the latest gadgets. It’s about using technology to make your life easier and more efficient. That doesn’t mean you have to be a computer expert, but it does mean understanding how to use common tech tools and knowing when to ask for help.
Here are 10 tips to get you started on your journey to becoming a tech savvy senior:
1. Get comfortable with basic computer skills. If you’re not already familiar with basic computer skills like how to use a mouse and keyboard, now is the time to learn. There are plenty of resources available online and in your local community that can help you get up to speed.
2. Learn how to use common productivity apps. There are a number of apps that can help you stay organized and productive, even if you’re not a tech expert. Some of our favorites include Evernote, Wunderlist, and Sunrise Calendar. Spend some time exploring different apps and see which ones work best for you.
3. Stay connected with loved ones using technology. Seeing family and friends doesn’t have to be limited to in-person visits anymore – there are plenty of ways to stay connected using technology. Whether it’s video chatting on Skype or Facetime, sharing photos on Instagram, or staying up-to-date on Facebook, there are plenty of ways to stay connected with loved ones near and far.
4. Use your smartphone or tablet for more than just games and social media. While playing games and staying up-to-date on social media can be fun, your smartphone or tablet can do so much more! There are tons of apps that can help you with everything from managing your finances to getting fit – all you have to do is explore the possibilities and find what works for you.
5. Shop online for groceries, clothes, gifts, etc.. Shopping online is a great way to save time (and sometimes money) – why not give it a try? Whether you’re looking for groceries, clothes, gifts, or anything else, chances are good that you can find what you need online without having to leave the house. Plus, many retailers offer free shipping or in-store pickup options which makes shopping even easier!
The benefits of being tech savvy
There are many benefits to being tech savvy, especially for seniors.
Firstly, it can help you stay connected with family and friends who may live far away. You can stay in touch via video calls, social media, and even sharing photos and videos.
Secondly, it can help you keep your mind active and sharp. Learning how to use new technology can help keep your brain challenged and engaged.
Thirdly, it can help you stay independent. With technology at your fingertips, you can easily book appointments, order groceries, and even get transportation without having to rely on others.
Lastly, it can be a great way to have fun! There are many games, apps, and websites that can provide entertainment for seniors of all interests.
The top 10 ways to become tech savvy
1. Get a smartphone
A smartphone can be a great introduction to the world of technology for seniors. They’re easy to use and can perform a variety of tasks, from making calls and sending texts to checking email, browsing the web, and even playing games.
2. Learn how to use social media
Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are extremely popular among all age groups, and seniors are no exception. These sites can help you stay connected with family and friends, share photos and memories, and even stay up-to-date on current events.
3. Use tech to stay healthy
There are a number of apps and devices that can help seniors stay healthy and fit. For example, there are fitness trackers that can track your steps, heart rate, and calories burned; health apps that can remind you to take medications or schedule doctor’s appointments; and even fall detection devices that can alert loved ones if you suffer a fall.
4. Stay organized with technology
From bills and finances to grocery lists and appointments, there are a number of ways technology can help seniors stay organized. For example, you can use an app like Mint to keep track of your budget; Evernote to make digital notes; or Wunderlist to create grocery lists or task lists.63% of Americans say they would feel lost without their smartphone .
5. Download some entertainment apps
Just because you’re a senior doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the latest movies, TV shows, or video games. Thanks to streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Twitch, you can watch nearly whatever you want whenever you want—all from the comfort of your home.
6. Use tech to travel more easily
There are a number of travel-related apps and devices that can make it easier for seniors to get around—whether they’re traveling by plane, train, or automobile. For example, there are apps that can help with everything from booking flights and hotels to finding the best restaurants in town; GPS devices that don’t require data plans or map reading skills; and portable chargers for when you’re on the go.7 Ways To Make Money While You Travel The World .8 Reasons Why You Should Travel More In Your 20s .9 Tips For Women Who Want To Travel Solo .10 Life-Changing Benefits Of Traveling Abroad .11 Incredibly Important Lessons You Only Learn From Traveling .12 Reasons Why Everyone Should Travel More In Life
7 ways years of technological advances have changed our lives
Becoming tech savvy can significantly improve the quality of life for seniors. There are many online and community resources that can help seniors keep up with the ever-changing world of technology. Taking some time to familiarize oneself with the basics of computers, the internet, and common software applications can make a big difference in a senior’s ability to stay connected and independent.